Real Naked 2 VS. Fake Naked 2

My sister received a fake naked 2 palette from her friend (YES! they both know that it is fake). I decided to do a blog post about it and asked my sister if I can borrow it. She said yes and told me that I can keep it since she won't be using it at all. So here goes the Real Naked 2 VS. the Fake Naked 2!





1. -REAL: Comes with a clear packing.
    -FAKE: Comes with a cardboard packaging.
2. -REAL: Comes with a lipgloss in Naked and a double-ended brush.
    -FAKE: Comes with only a double-ended brush and no lipgloss.




3. The fake palette font is darker than the real one.




4. -REAL: Has the code (A047) printed on the box and a sticker on the palette
    -FAKE: Doesn't have code or sticker on the palette.
    (Also take a look at the "Lip Junkie Lip Gloss" on the top picture of the real palette.. the fake one doesn't have that included!! The lip gloss is mentioned on #2)




5. -REAL: Clean, nice, and nothing is damaged
    -FAKE: Has a lot of imperfections (Look at the 3 pictures above)



6. -Look at the real A and the fake A.. it is different because of the font. 



7. -REAL: Letters are all centered
-FAKE: The fonts are leaning more towards the right, it is more obvious with Half Baked.



8. -REAL: Heavier
    -FAKE: Way lighter
    (Dusty machine, whoops!) haha


9. -REAL: Has 2 holes, ONLY. (check the white box in pic)
    -FAKE: This has 3 holes. (check the white box in pic)


10. -REAL: Crease brush left, Shadow right; Color: Light Reddish Brown (Longer)
      -FAKE: Shadow left, Crease brush right; Color: Dark Brown (Shorter)

11. -REAL: The brush color is more nice and is more sturdier.
      -FAKE: The brush color looks cheap and isn't sturdy.


-The real palette is on the top and the fake palette is on the bottom. Right off the bat, you can already see some of the differences in each shadows. But I took swatches on each color on each palette (real is on the left and fake is on the right). Now, let's take a look at each individual eye shadow. Remember, the real one is on the left and the fake one is on the right. (Same swipes on each color side by side)




FOXY: -Real: Light creamy yellow with a matte finish
             -Fake: Too much of a white based (not enough yellow) but still with a matte finish.




HALF BAKED: -Real: Golden copper with sheen
                             -Fake: Not pigmented at all! It barely even shows up.



BOOTY CALL: -Real: White with a slight tint of pink; Frosty
                            -Fake: Doesn't have the slight tint of pink; The frosty finish is kinda not there


CHOPPER: -Real: Orange-toned copper with flecks of shimmer
                      -Fake: Not as pigmented.


TEASE: -Real: Light Taupe Grayish-Brown
               -Fake: A tad bit lighter and more on the gray side.


SNAKEBITE: -Real: Dark bronze with golden shimmer sheen
                        -Fake: Not dark and pigmented but still has the shimmer sheen


SUSPECT: -Real: Soft champagne-bronze metallic color with a frosted sheen
                     -Fake: Not as pigmented and doesn't have that touch of bronze


PISTOL: -Real: A gray-brown color with a frosted finish
                -Fake: A tad bit light on gray and is leaning towards more brown


VERVE: -Real: Pale beige gray with a hint of pink
                -Fake: The finish is off, needs to be more pigmented, and no hint of pink


YDK: -Real: Warm medium copper
          -Fake: Very light and not pigmented. Not even close to the real YDK. Plus there is glitter on this one and it goes everywhere!



BUSTED: -Real: Warm deep brown
                  -Fake: Leaning towards the grey and purple side.


BLACKOUT: -Real: Deep dark black with a matte finish
                       -Fake: Not as pigmented; leaning towards the grey-blue side.

OVERALL: Some of the colors does look the same as the real one. But the texture and pigmentation doesn't match up. Some of the colors are also way off like (Half baked, YDK, Blackout, etc). I personally wouldn't buy this myself because I like buying the real deal. But, to be honest. The fake palette eye shadows weren't so bad. There was a minimum of fall out and you can totally work with the colors so they can show up better. My sister's friend bought (2 fake) Naked 2 palettes for $85. At first, she didn't know that it was fake when she was ordering it. But, when she got it she knew that it was fake right off the bat.

Real Naked 2 Palette: $50
Fake Naked 2 Palette: $42.50

Go get the real deal instead. It is just a couple of more dollars. Don't be fooled by these sellers. If you bought a fake one through ebay, you are COVERED. You are also covered if you use paypal. Please file a claim and get your money back so you can get a legit product. (You don't have to if you don't want to). I just don't want people wasting their money buying a FAKE item that almost cost as much as the real one.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!

(My boyfriend bought me the real naked 2 and my sister's friend bought the fake naked 2.)
-If you are going to use my pictures in any way please don't delete my waterproof and give me credit.

72 comments:

  1. Hi! :)
    I've added the followers thing on the side bar!
    You can follow me there. xD
    And i have also followed you on your blog. ^^

    X,
    http://yingzylim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waah you have so many blogs! :) haha i followed you back!

      Delete
    2. Haha, some old ones. xD
      Thank you! :)
      Really love your comparison of the authentic and non-authentic one!

      Delete
  2. Hehe I'm still looking through all of your blogs :P
    Aww, thank you! I tried my best with this one. How much did you pay for yours?
    I really like your youtube videos!
    By the way, you and your boyfriend are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fakes are so scary! No idea what ingredients went into them or where they were produced. Best to just save up and make sure you're getting the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I agree with you on this 100%. But sometimes people think that they are getting such a lovely great deal but in reality the product is actually fake :(

      Delete
  4. OMG Can't thank you enough for this! Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I hope that I helped you a lot.

      Delete
  5. I saw your link on MUT. This is such an informative post, you did a great job! Following you :)
    Renee

    http://allglitzedup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :)

      Welcome to my blog and thank you for reading it.

      I'll be checking out your blog soon!

      -Vicky (vickyhoang.blogspot.com)

      Delete
  6. thats amazing...great help - thanks soo much

    http://onestopbeautyat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noooo! :( Mine's fake. Oh well, i'll still use it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where'd you get it from? maybe you can get a refund.. the only downside are the ingredients.. you never know how dangerous/unsanitary it can be! :(

      Delete
    2. I would NOT use it. I've read many articles about how counterfeit makeup have arsenic and mercury in them. Also - they fund terrorism and drug trafficking.

      Tara
      Beauty & the Bibliophile

      Delete
  8. Hey! I got a fake naked 2 palette recently (unknowingly) and after filing a claim to paypal, I got my refund back. I got to keep the palette as well, which i think caused more problems for me because now I can't decide if I should get the real one and have 2 of the "same" palettes or just stick with the fake one :/ What would you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you really want the REAL naked 2, then please go get it! :) you can usually find them with $10 off or something making it only $40.. the only problem with the fake one is not knowing what ingredients are used.. it could be dangerous and quite disgusting!

      Delete
    2. I would still get the real one. As I commented above - I was alarmed to learn (while researching about my fake one) how counterfeit makeup has traces of arsenic and mercury in them. Gross! :(

      Tara
      Beauty & the Bibliophile

      Delete
  9. Thanks for this in depth post, I thought my Naked 2 was real but now it seems that its definitely fake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that but it's never too late to get the real deal :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Vicky,

    Thanks for the post, here in Brazil many girls watching it to know the difference!

    xoxo

    Luciana

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my basis before getting my own Naked 2 palette. Thank you for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got the fake one and cost me 11 dolars. I think it worth it... naked 2 is full of light shades and they look quite pigmented in the fake one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, you have no idea what ingredients you're putting in your bloodstream. I just read this article and am NOT ever using my fake one, again.

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2210884/The-toxic-trade-fake-make-How-counterfeit-cosmetics-containing-dangerous-levels-arsenic-sold-online-unsuspecting-bargain-hunters.html

      Tara
      Beauty & the Bibliophile

      Delete
    2. Oh, you mean The Daily Fake? XD

      Yes, yes... I will became blind for usig a fake palette... Oh wait... They said I must had be blind because masturbation since twelve (my sight is perfect, honey, so...)

      Delete
  13. wow thanks for doing this post! such details! good job~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just received a FAKE one last Sat. I ordered it from Giosis (previously known as gmarket). The packaging itself came exactly from your pics, without the lipgloss etc.
    Ive just filed a report from Paypal, hope they can do something to refund as im not sure if they will be able to do a refund, as i ordered the item from gmarket and not from ebay???
    Thanks for your post on this REAL vs FAKE UD NAKED 2 PALETTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm really unsure but i truly hope that you get your money back! thank you so much for reading!

      Delete
  15. This is a WONDERFUL post!! I just got duped, too, and am so frustrated! I fortunately am getting a full refund and am sending it back to the seller. I'm now way more aware of this major industry of counterfeit makeup and am wondering about all my other ebay and amazon purchases :/

    Tara
    Beauty & the Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wouldn't trust ebay or amazon so much to be honest! :/

      Delete
  16. I knew I was purchasing a dupe..I paid 40.00 for both naked1&2 and love them...I love makeup but was not paying the 50.00 price tag.my dupes are amazing very pigmented and no fall out..sorry ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I knew I was purchasing a dupe..I paid 40.00 for both naked1&2 and love them...I love makeup but was not paying the 50.00 price tag.my dupes are amazing very pigmented and no fall out..sorry ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi girl,
    Well,I bought my NAKED 2 palette from youtube and it`s exactly like yours.Btw,the brush really seems like that from the fake palette.
    Can I send the pictures of my palette to your e-mail?
    :)
    see u,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there...im about to buy a naked palette online from carousell.the seller states that its authentic n directly shipped frm he US.however its so cheap sgd30.i have not made payment yet.just scared that it might be the fake one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there, i know who you are referring to but pls do not buy from her. it's fake and she admitted that to me when i asked her privately. if the price is too good to be true, then it most probably is.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  20. Thank you so much for this in-depth blog. I bought a Naked 2 palette 2 weeks ago from ebay and today I got a funny feeling about it so decided to google how to spot a fake one. I found this blog and realised my palette is a fake. I've opened a dispute with ebay and paypal. I was going to just keep it and not bother with a refund but after reading the comments about what could be in these eyeshadows I do not want it near me so I've asked for a full refund and will quite happily bin it if the seller does not want it back. I am going to save up and buy from the urban decay website instead.

    http://glitterdash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI, thank you for ur blog!
    but sadly I found this out after i purchased it from ebay...
    the fake product is on it's way to my house..I dont need to wait till the product to arrive cuz i already know it's fake..
    I need your help to teach me how to refund this item.. the buyer states that he doesnot accept refund..
    but I would not want this FAKE stuff.. I would rather pay more to get the real one..
    The Seller on ebay who sell both fake NAked 1 and 2:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/sick-probe

    ReplyDelete
  22. the fake one was so expensive. i got one at $10, it's exactly the same as what u got for $42.50. with the price difference from the real one, i think it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  23. the one i unfortunately bought matched most of your fake pics except that mine had only two holes in the lid like the correct one.

    another thing i noticed is the difference in the tab that hooks into bottom piece (see the top of picture 3 of item #5). the fakes have 3 parallel protruding lines while the real was smooth when i compared it at sephora! could you show that view as well?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this! Helped me to confirm mine is fake (I bought it through eBay) and have filed a complaint so will return and just pay a few quid more. Knew it was fake straight away, opened it up and the mirror fell off, not very Urban Decay! Thanks a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Watch out for FAKE Urban Decay Naked, Naked 2, Naked Basics as well as the Balm Nude'tude on www.Tophatter.com! Lots of other designer cosmetics there are real and great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  26. $42.50??!! You can buy it at Aliexpress for $7~$8 and it's the same quality as the fake one...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know I am late, however, not all Naked2 palettes come with lip gloss which was your first authenticity differential. May want to point that out. I filed a claim about a fake one on Ebay (only $8) and then bought the real one. Otherwise your analysis rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This has been sooooooo helpful. I found one online for £13 which was listed as "12-Color Make-up Eye Shadow Palette" so I was already a bit weary. I found this post by chance when looking for pictures of the real one to compare and after looking at the this post and at the pictures of the palette I was looking at, I know it's definitely fake. Won't be buying that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bought the naked 2 palette for $12 beat purchase ever. Same quality as the real naked 3 I bought do not believe the people on here don't let them discourage you from saving $40

    ReplyDelete
  30. The real palette's are now $52.00 USD. But yes if you want the real thing, go buy it from Sephora or Ulta or Urban Decay's website. The Naked 2 if you buy it from the stores should be with the lip gloss. Or at least the newer ones should be. Thanks, this should help clear up any misconceptions!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! I know this blog was from a while ago, but I'm having trouble figuring out if the palette I got as a Christmas gift is real or fake.

    Things that make me think it's real:

    1: I only have 2 circle indentations, not the 3 that is supposed to be in the fake one.
    2. When reading the text on the brush from left to right, the small end of my brush is on the right.
    3. My packaging doesn't look shoddy and glued together.

    Things that make me think it's fake:

    1. There is no batch number on the back.
    2. The names of the colors underneath are off center to the right.

    What do you think? I don't really want to ask my sister if she bought this on eBay or somewhere else because I don't want her to feel bad if it's not real :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fake but is a gift you can keep using it if still fake it doesn't matter

      Delete
  32. Hi,
    I bought Naked 2 from Beauty Bay (in April 2014) and was puzzled if I received authentic one, because it came with 4 primer potions and not lip gloss. I sent email to the customer service of Urban Decay and they approved it I received authentic palette! Hope this is helpful info.

    ReplyDelete
  33. An artist lives everywhere.



    http://packaging.nbwidely.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. IS this true , i appreicate your work my brother http://www.thearticlenow.com/2014/10/photoshop-fake-pic.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for this! This would be very useful to everyone who loves UD.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing post dude.It will be very helpful for begginers like me.Thank you very much for this important post.Waiting for your next post.You can visit our site also buy facebook likes

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, Excellent post. This article is really very interesting and effective. I think its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing your informative. If you update your facebook account, please visit Buy Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'll give you a pat on the back just for the sheer effort in screencapping all those blogs.Giving a blog talk to beginner bloggers in the not-too-distant future, I'll be pointing people in the direction of your efforts. Nicely put together dude.Here is our small effort about buy-twitter-followers


    ReplyDelete
  44. Ordered off ebay as Christmas present for my sister, not seen a authentic product before but something made me google how to spot a fake and I'm petty sure its fake. The seller did say it factory seconds and didn't have primer and may have defects but after reading this I'm convinced I've been sold a fake. I'm gutted hope I get my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi. Is yours authentic? because I got the same one like you,
    however, in some review, they said the 'urban decay' on the side of the pallete is supposed to be upside down. please explain. waiting for your reply thanks

    ReplyDelete
  46. Awesome post, very imformative .. Thanks for sharing !



    http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, Excellent post. This article is really very interesting and effective. I think its must be helpful for us. Thanks for sharing your informative. If you update your facebook account, please visit buy facebook likes

    ReplyDelete